Sunday, February 27, 2011

Reverse Osmosis System


Stumbleupon brought me to this site http://waterlife.nfb.ca/ which really started me thinking that maybe we should get a reverse osmosis system under our sink for better quality water. After a lot of research, the Watts Premier Zero Waste Revers Osmosis System seems decent, even though the longevity of it is questionable (the low reviews all site problems after 1-2 years). I'm also going to look into Waste Maid Pro-6 System when I get around to it, and look at the lower cost Watts Premier 3 Stage System, and maybe more features like this one with "ultra violet disinfection" (that could very well be not that useful though). Overall, the criteria is good quality water, less waste (usually takes 4-5 gallons of water to produce 1 gallon, which is such a huge waste) and longevity. I'm also going to see if the Point-to-Use Instant Hot Water System is going to work with the RO setup so eventually I can get instant filtered hot and cold water at my sink thus free up some counter space. Yay for kitchen gadgets!

No comments:

Post a Comment